• Procures major/critical production commodities and materials
• Troubleshoots supplier problems and assists with resolution
• Documents purchase orders to comply with company policies & procedures
• Conducts supplier surveillance and audits
• Provides inputs into procurement decisions including make/buy, source selection and supplier qualifications
• Leads, directs, and mentors other Buyers
• Performs buying function for raw materials with emphasis on improving supplier quality and lowering costs for raw material
• Negotiates and manage various suppliers performing services on a continuing basis. Assists Manager with various projects as needed
• Assesses plans and negotiates with key suppliers regarding costs, terms, and delivery schedules
• Ensures all communications regarding material status is being generated, presented and distributed to appropriate personnel
• Leads supplier issues resolutions (lead time, drawing issues, etc.); works with Program Manager, Supplier Quality, etc. to resolve supplier quality issues, identify sources for new products, and improve supplier performance
• Leads process improvement initiatives
• Performs Supply Chain planning strategies
• Supports internal, customer, and external compliance audits
• Supports and follow government purchasing regulations and assure compliance with all internal requirements
• Coordinates risk assessments and executes risk management plans for moderate to high risk procurements
• Performs sourcing/market research
• Performs analysis of purchasing needs, including analysis of costs
• Forecasts requirements, issues periodic reports on trends, and negotiating pricing, discounts, and contracts
Required Skills & Experience:
Requires over 10 years of related experience in inventory systems, material management and purchasing
• Good understanding of procurement laws and regulations
• Strong analytical skills
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Work is varied and governed by well documented Company standards, policies, processes and procedures
• A College diploma in a related discipline
Required to sit extensively (>70%) in work station. Continuous hand/finger movement for keyboarding and moussing.
Significant attention to listen, read, reason, compare and proof-read work for moderate+ periods of time.
General office environment. Occasional tight/multiple deadlines. Constant interruptions
Minimum 10 year consecutive residence in Canada – for Canadian Secret Security Clearance
Applicants will be required to obtain/hold a valid and current Canadian security clearance to gain access to the classified spaces, information and equipment in order to perform the work associated with this position.
General Dynamics Mission Systems–Canada is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. Workplace accommodations are available.
At General Dynamics Mission Systems–Canada, Canada’s premiere defence company, innovation happens on a daily basis. We develop and deliver highly-complex leading edge technology, products and systems that make important contributions to our customer’s success in land, airborne, maritime, cyberspace and public safety applications. The challenges and opportunities are endless.The results – incredible.
Our employees are exceptional. We are proud to employ more than 1,100 talented individuals across Canada. Working in a collaborative environment, our employees are encouraged daily to contribute their technical knowledge and expertise. Our employees are passionate, dedicated, and conscientious about the work they do which results in our ability to deliver the highest value, customized solutions in order to meet the most demanding requirements.