At General Dynamics Mission Systems–Canada, Canada’s premiere defence company, innovation happens on a daily basis. We develop and deliver highly-complex leading edge technology, products and systems that make important contributions to our customer’s success in land, airborne, maritime and public safety applications. The challenges and opportunities are endless.The results – incredible.
Our employees are exceptional. We are proud to employ more than 1,100 talented individuals across Canada. Working in a collaborative environment, our employees are encouraged daily to contribute their technical knowledge and expertise. Our employees are passionate, dedicated, and conscientious about the work they do which results in our ability to deliver the highest value, customized solutions in order to meet the most demanding requirements.
CitySHIELD is General Dynamics Mission System – Canada’s offering to the International Market in the Public Safety and Security Solutions domain. CitySHIELD is a turn-key solution for police forces, combining multiple technologies including Call Centers, Operations Centers, dedicated LTE and fiber optic network, video surveillance and specific police applications and databases into one integrated Public Safety solution. Our CitySHIELD project is the first fully integrated deployment of this capability into the international market.
Working for the Panama National Police (PNP) CitySHIELD Program Manager and closely with the existing SHIELD Ecosystem product and system-level engineering teams, the PNP CitySHIELD program is a seeking skilled and motivated individual who will lead the technical team and help refine the PNP CitySHIELD solution.
Systems Engineering (SE) includes, but is not limited to, the following areas of responsibility:
• Definition of requirements and design solution;
• Development and documentation of use cases/test scenarios for CitySHIELD;
• Assess system problem reports with respect to impacts on CitySHIELD testing/functionality;
• Working with the system architects to incorporate new capabilities/ functionalities/ requirements into the CitySHIELD project;
• Performing of analyses on test results to assess any implications/compliance;
• Performance of vulnerability assessments on deployed servers and assessment/reporting of the scan results;
• Analysis and development of CitySHIELD Mission Threads;
• Refining of CitySHIELD mission threads into requirements, capabilities and use cases in support of CitySHIELD-level test cases;
• Support to the evolution of the SHIELD Ecosystem Architecture;
• Definition and maintenance of the CitySHIELD System Configuration (System Baseline);
• Participate in integrated team activities with system engineering, systems integration, and development engineering teams; and
• Support to regular and ad-hoc meetings with Customers and GDMS stakeholders.
The Systems Engineering Lead will lead a small team of Engineers responsible all aspects of the definition, design integration, and qualification of the Panama CitySHIELD solution. Tasks for the SE Lead include, but are not limited to:
• Providing the systems engineering interface to the Customer on a regular basis;
• Working closely with the system architects to assess impacts of design and changes;
• Preparing tasks and schedule for the SE team;
• Reporting on status of activities (weekly);
• Identification, documentation and tracking of risks;
• Providing use case/test scenarios in support of CitySHIELD;
• Providing technical assistance in the development of CitySHIELD mission threads;
• Reviewing technical documentation for the SE team and approvals as the Project Engineer;
• Address Customer requests for technical information;
• Subcontractor Management – working closely with third party vendors for design / integration / test
• Manage system acceptance and qualification
• Preparing for and participate in various meetings System Requirements Review, Design Reviews, System Test Review, Internal Program Reviews);
• Providing support to the Panama CitySHIELD Program Manager, as required; and
• Providing support for proposals, planning, estimating, scheduling, and metrics reporting
Required Skills & Experience:
• A minimum of 8 years working experience preferably in systems engineering or systems architecture.
• A Minimum of 2 years working in a team leadership role
• Experience with the delivery of complex IT solutions, preferably in lean COTS context
• A familiarity/understanding of networks, including RF, WAN/LAN, IP, LTE.
• A familiarity/understanding of Network security, system management and deployment of turnkey solutions
• Experience working with multiple vendors to deliver a cohesive, integrated solution
• Experience with problem report management
• Experience with DOORs is preferred.
• Experience with Enterprise Architect is an asset.
• Knowledge of First Responders operations in general, and police solutions in an operational environment more specifically, would be a very valuable asset.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are required.
• The ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment, without supervision is required.
• The ability to respond quickly to changes in design/approach as directed by the Customer is required.
• Fluency in Spanish is desirable
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Electronic or related technical/scientific degree.
• Professional Engineer designation preferred
• Project Management training/experience is highly desirable
Minimum 10 year consecutive residence in Canada – for Canadian Secret Security Clearance
Applicants will be required to obtain/hold a valid and current Canadian security clearance to gain access to the classified spaces, information and equipment in order to perform the work associated with this position.
General Dynamics Mission Systems – Canada is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. Workplace accommodations are available.