At General Dynamics Mission Systems–Canada, Canada’s premiere defence company, innovation happens on a daily basis. We develop and deliver highly-complex leading edge technology, products and systems that make important contributions to our customer’s success in land, airborne, maritime and public safety applications. The challenges and opportunities are endless.The results – incredible.
Our employees are exceptional. We are proud to employ more than 1,100 talented individuals across Canada. Working in a collaborative environment, our employees are encouraged daily to contribute their technical knowledge and expertise. Our employees are passionate, dedicated, and conscientious about the work they do which results in our ability to deliver the highest value, customized solutions in order to meet the most demanding requirements.
General Dynamics Mission Systems–Canada was awarded contract by the Boeing Company for the Medium/Heavy Lift Helicopter (MHLH) program. This is a long term support contract for the maintenance and support of the Maintenance Training Suite (MTS) for the DND.
The MHLH MTS Team conducts daily maintenance operations on the MTS; this includes classrooms, training system, training aids and interactive display system. They carry out detailed maintenance tasks and support training requirements as defined by DND course configurations. The team will conduct integration activities as new MTS build baselines are made available. The team currently has openings for technicians.
• Be available to perform daily start up and shutdown activities for all MTS equipment.
• Perform all scheduled maintenance on MTS.
• Maintain daily logs across multiple environments to capture maintenance tasks.
• Participate in team reviews to ensure maintenance requirements are met.
• Ensure maintenance activities comply with both internal and external guidelines.
• Be available for on call periods during off hour’s usage of MTS.
• Work in tool crib and preposition tools and consumables to enable DND training.
Required Skills & Experience
• Helicopter maintenance background with recognized diploma from approved aircraft maintenance facility or an equivalent work experience within the defense industry or military preferred
• Working knowledge of aircraft repair and methodologies a definite asset
• Working knowledge of computer use in databases and basic networking would be an asset
• Some supply chain experience would be an asset (tool crib responsibilities)
• Knowledge of any of the following, fall safety/confined space/first aid and CPR
• Team player and ability to perform without direct supervision once trained
• Excellent communication abilities, both written and verbal
Technician Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering from recognized maintenance training facility. Or equivalent work experience with 3 to 5 years industry experience in either military or aviation environment
• Up to 10% travel required.
• Must be able to work day or night shift
Minimum 10 year consecutive residence in Canada – for Canadian Secret Security Clearance
Applicants will be required to obtain/hold a valid and current Canadian security clearance to gain access to the classified spaces, information and equipment in order to perform the work associated with this position.
General Dynamics Mission Systems – Canada is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace. Workplace accommodations are available.